Nagios Event Broker & NDO

Michael Roth mroth at mail.zserv.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Oct 11 08:23:55 CEST 2006

Hi everybody,

I'm using Version 2.5 of Nagios and Version 1.3.1 of NDO.
I had the Problem that NDO doesnt fill the Table ndo_programstatus in
time, so the current Verision of  NagVis doesnt work properly because
NagVis is checking wheter the table is up to date or not.

NDO is just doing an update on the table ndo_programstatus on the
logrotate event, one time a day in my configuration.

After studying the Nagios and NDO Sourcecode, I've made an Patch for
this problem. I added the following line at the end of the subroutine
handle_timed_event, just before "return OK", in the file
nagios-2.5/base/events.c.

update_program_status(FALSE);

Then I recompiled, restinstalled and restarted Nagios and from now on
NDO will do an update of the table ndo_programstatus everytime an event
occurs.

Michael

Michael Roth                           email roth at zid.tuwien.ac.at
Certified Project Management Associate http://www.zserv.tuwien.ac.at/mroth/
Zentraler Informatikdienst (ZID)       Tel. (++43-1) 588 01 - 42091
Technische Universitaet Wien           Fax. (++43-1) 588 01 - 42099
Wiedner Hauptstr. 8-10, A-1040 Wien