NDO

Tobias Mucke tobias.mucke at list.ru
Mon Oct 9 09:06:38 CEST 2006

Hi everybody,

last weekend I examined the NDO database schema trying to understand the relational model it is based on. Some questions and a not really serious bug popped up.

- Does an Entity Relationship Model (ERM) exist? If not, I could create one and hand it over to Nagios developers (Ethan?). Which format would be convenient?
- Regarding objects: What can a object be? What is meant by objecttype_id in ndo_objects?
- In some tables there is a column config_type. What is this?
- In some tables are columns *_object_id found (eg. command_object_id in ndo_contactnotificationmethods)? Is this a foreign key to ndo_objects?
- Internal ids: I guess internal_*_id (eg. internal_comment_id in ndo_commenthistory) are Nagios internal ids?
- Bug in ndo_customobjectvariables: primary key should be called customobjectvariable_id instead of customobjectvariable

Last but not least: where are changes to the database schema published? How can I stay uptodate regarding the NDO?

Thanks.

Tobias