RFE - enduser measurement

Folkerd Koning folkerd.koning at ci.ft-wayne.in.us
Mon Oct 9 02:33:02 CEST 2006

You could probably do this very easily by using the windows NSCA agent in
combination with a small script that will send passive service checks to a
separate service ("Customer_Rating_<service>" or similar?) that can then be
graphed. Problem is that these checks arrive out-of-order, IE they reflect
the state of the service over a longer period, with a large degree of
inaccuracy. Nagios I think is not really suited to gather and process
statistical data... It is in principal a status monitoring system
(monitoring the "Now" and perhaps keeping an archive of the
result/performance data).

You would need to write a big separate plugin (or daemon) to process the
statistical performance data. It goes away from the core functionality of
Nagios, so I think a separate system is probably a better idea (which you
can integrate with Nagios, like the way NagiosGrapher or webinterfaces such
as Monarch do).

Regards,
  Folkerd H. Koning
  Email Administrator