hostgroup_name Service Definition Documentation

Matthias Eble matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Thu Oct 5 12:33:49 CEST 2006

Hi all,

during the creation of a service on many hosts. So I looked for an
opportunity to define hostgroups instead of host_name=hostA,hostb,etc in
service definitions. I discovered the hostgroup_name directive while
browsing the list archives. But this great feature as well as the
negation of host_names (host_name !hostC) seems not to be documented.

Could someone please add the directive to the object definition docs,
where the keyword is valid?
I would do it by myself, but I don't know if it is valid where host_name
can be added.

matthias