Status Map

Geoffrey Walton geoffrey.walton at midwich.com
Mon Oct 2 20:04:06 CEST 2006

Nagios 2.5

Redhat EL4

I have set my default status map layout to User Supplied Coords.

If I go to my status map and change it to another value and click
 on update it displays the information in the requested format.

When the update interval has elapsed it then displays the staus
 map showing it in User Supplied Coords format.

Is this a bug?

Second thing

Extract from 2.5 documentation

The scripts should examine the values of the arguments passed in

and take any necessary action based upon those values. The best

way to understand how event handlers should work is to see and

example. Lucky for you, one is provided below. There are also some

sample event handler scripts included in the eventhandlers/ subdirectory

of the Nagios distribution. Some of these sample scripts demonstrate

the use of external commands to implement redundant monitoring

hosts.

After an installation from source an eventhandler subdirectory is
 not created, is there an additional make command to run to get
 this directory or does the documentation need to be corrected?

Thanks