GIF Animated Nagios Logo

Malek,Christophe [CMC] Christophe.Malek at ec.gc.ca
Tue Nov 14 20:19:37 CET 2006

If anybody is interested... I've taken some time to animate the Nagios logo. Nothing fancy. Just something to let people know the web browser is still working. Here at the CMC we do 24x7 web based monitoring of hundreds of systems (not with Nagios yet but we are looking into it) and our monitoring personnel have noticed once or twice their systems/web browsers have completely locked up and sometimes nobody realizes it for a long time because nothing is usually moving on their monitoring page. Obviously the browser locking up is a sign of a more fundamental problem, however, I think that having some movement on the page could go a long way to making sure that this sort of problem doesn't cause users too much of a headache in terms of missed monitoring messages.

This file is an animated GIF whose technology I remember being around from when I first started using computers so it should probably work in most browsers. I've also tried to keep the file size fairly small (13 KB) so the page continues to load fairly fast. I believe the original source file is called "sblogo.jpg".

If you have any problems with it then let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Hope it helps:

 <<nagios.gif>>
Chris Malek | Programmer Analyst / Analyste Programmeur
Computer and Network Operations | Opérations Informatique et Réseau
514-421-4689 | facsimile / télécopieur 514-421-4703
christophe.malek at ec.gc.ca
Canadian Meteorological Centre | 2121 Trans Canada Highway Dorval QC H9P 1J3
Centre Météorologique Canadien | 2121 Route Transcanadienne Dorval QC H9P 1J3

This e-mail represents the opinions and views solely held by its author and in no manner may be considered as representing those of my Employer

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.