Core-less in Seattle

bobi at netshel.net bobi at netshel.net
Mon Nov 6 17:52:44 CET 2006

Oh, sorry about that:

The OS is Linux, 64-bit, SLES-9:

Linux CHQPVUL0888 2.6.5-7.267-smp #1 SMP Wed Jun 21 10:50:51 UTC 2006
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I grepped for "core" through the sysctl output, and found the following:

kernel.core_pattern = core
kernel.core_uses_pid = 0

But then I grepped for "suid" and found this more promising entry:

kernel.suid_dumpable = 0

Thanks for the quick reply Bill!

I hope changing this does the trick!

Bob