Lock User in Host/Service Acknowledgement Mask

Lukas xxx boldrino at gmail.com
Mon May 22 11:39:17 CEST 2006

>> Hi there,

>> it would be great if there would be a possibility in cgi.cfg
 or

>> whatever to lock the "Author" Input Field in Host and Service
 >>Acknowledg

>> ements. This would prevent users from faking another users in
 >>this

>> Field.

>Just hack the cgi to display the name and be a hidden input >variable.

>It's not bulletproof, but it at least makes it a pain.

Hi Jeff,

thanks for your answer.

yes this is one possibility that i already used in the past. It
 works fine but i know that there are several other users out there
 which would be happy if this feater would exist by default.

I dont like to modify the nagios sources cause of consistency purposes
 in large environments.

on the logic side its a disagreement to use an authentication method
 for each user and allow them to change a user name in this form.

Maybe can Ethan have a look at this? ;-)

cheers,

Lukas