Problem compiling nagios 2.3.1

Andrea Gabellini andrea.gabellini at telecomitalia.sm
Wed May 17 10:47:42 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm using various solaris versions, from 5.7 to 5.10.

An usable header file is iso/limits_iso.h except for solaris 5.7 where the header fiele is limits.h.

As a workaround I'm using, in cgi/getcgi.c:

#ifndef INT_MAX
#define INT_MAX 2147483647
#endif

I'm not familiar with configure/Makefile. If you want to write a patch that use iso/limits_iso.h or
limits.h I can try it for you.

Andrea

Ethan Galstad wrote:
> The configure script should find and include <sys/types.h> for
> compilation.  Solaris has some definitions that only allow for this
> header file to be used for compiling kernel stuff?  Nice.  Anyone have
> an idea of how to get around this for Solaris?
>
> Masopust, Christian wrote:
>> Same here for Solaris 8.  I found the declaration of INT_MAX
>> in /usr/include/sys/types.h but it's only enabled for compiling
>> kernel or kernel-modules...
>>
>> which value to set INT_MAX??
>>
>> christian
>>
>> --
>> "I sense much NT in you, NT leads to Blue Screen. Blue Screen leads to
>> downtime, downtime leads to suffering. NT is the path to the darkside."
>> - Unknown Unix Jedi

>>> getcgi.c:174: error: `INT_MAX' undeclared (first use in this function)
>>> getcgi.c:174: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>>> getcgi.c:174: error: for each function it appears in.)
>>> make[1]: *** [getcgi.o] Error 1
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/temp/SERVER/nagios-2.3.1/cgi'
>>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>>
>>> Looking the code the declaration of INT_MAX is missing.
>>>
>>> Andrea
>>>

> Ethan Galstad,
> Nagios Developer
> ---
> Email: nagios at nagios.org
> Website: http://www.nagios.org

---------------------------------------
Is reading in the bathroom considered Multi-Tasking.
Ing. Andrea Gabellini
Email: andrea.gabellini at telecomitalia.sm
Tel: 0549 886111 (Italy)
Tel. +378 0549 886111 (International)