bug with a cyrillic text in host alias

Danila Kutepkin skorbets at rambler.ru
Mon May 15 20:24:35 CEST 2006

Hi there!

I'm trying to make nagios show cyrillic text (in HOSTALIAS). After
some simple changes, it becomes to show correct symbols in
statusmap.cgi In all over CGIs cyrillic symbols are shown perfectly.
But, I can't undestand, why does Nagios send empty (space) symbols
instead of cyrillic text in Notification e-mails. For example, I have
a host named Host1 and some alias for it in cyrillic (KOI8). Locale of
nagios user is KOI8, web-interface show cyr tex correctly too, I can
send e-mail with cyr symbols from nagios user shell. But the e-mail,
thatis generated by nagios process still bad.

Can anyone show me the place in C++ that is responsible for genetating
e-mails with notifications?