PATCH: Allow escaping ! in check args (utils.c)

Bob Ingraham bobi at netshel.net
Tue May 16 00:15:02 CEST 2006

Gents,

Please find attached a patch (in unified diff context,) for the following:

My work had me create a patch for the get_raw_command_line() function in
utils.c to allow us to "escape" the "!" argument separator within check
command arguments.

I generalized it such that you can actually escape any character by
prefacing it with a backslash ('\').  So, now you can have command args
that include exclamations points as part of the argmument string.

For example:

check_command check_web!www.nagios.org!80!\!Test\!String\!!10!20

This will pass the third argument as: "!Test!String!" (sans quotes)

Bob