ndomod.c persistence questions

Nicholas Whiting nicholas.whiting at guest-tek.com
Fri Mar 24 22:04:58 CET 2006

After spending some time looking through the
ndomod.c code I have some questions in regards to
the sinkbuf struct.

1. It's my understanding that this is only an in-memory
linked list. Does this not create a  potential for lost
events when the broker dies. Should ndomod_sink_buffer_deinit
function maybe write out its contents to disk on module
termination and read in this file on ndomod restart?
What about the case if the module dies erroneously during
standard execution?

2. rather that writing sinkbuf to file, perhaps a backend
data store such as sqlite or berkeleydb could serve as an
additional persistence layer for these events.

I apologize in advance if I've misunderstood the c code and
my assumptions are wrong.

Nicholas Whiting
Network Management Administrator
nicholas.whiting at guest-tek.com