Compariing performances.

Alessandro Ren alessandro.ren at opservices.com.br
Fri Mar 24 19:25:06 CET 2006

    I've recently installed the broker in my nagios running in Fedora
Core 3 after having solved that null pointer bug and I'd like to share
some performance information with the list to see if my server is
running as expected and exchange some code change idea to boost performance.
    Attached there are five graphs with informations from the system and
nagios it self.
    My HW is a P4 2.8Mhz, Sata 80GB and 1GB of memory. This Nagios has
2500 services beeing monitored, besides nagios is running with perfparse
and storing the data directly in the mysql database, we have also Nisca
collecting network statistics and it has already 20 milion records in
its database.
    I'm worrying a little about the HW requirements for bigger setups
with the broker and what could we do to boost performance.
    I've changed the perfparse code a little so it does not save all the
performance data in on table, but it divides per host, each host has its
own table where all the performance data for all services are stored
there, so the tables are much smaller than one big table, I wonder if
this could not be done with the broker, for long term storage, some
tables can get very large.
    Just sharing some though with the list to exchange some ideas.

    Thanks,  []s.

*Alessandro Ren*
	/*OpServices*/
/*Luciana de Abreu, 471 - Sala 403*/