NRPE SSL Error

Frank Thyes thyes at gmx.net
Thu Mar 2 14:21:46 CET 2006

+++ Frank Thyes [Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 02:11:21PM CET]:
> Hi Vincent,
>
> +++ Vincent Ngundi [Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 01:51:59PM CET]:
> >
> > Thanks for your response.
> >
> > * Yes, I have compiled the nrep daemon with ssl. I ran
> >   ./configure --enable-ssl
> >
> > * ldd nrpe returns "ldd: nrpe: No such file or directory"
>
> You have to specify the path to your nrpe binary!
>
> 1. Build nrpe
> 2. Copy the binary and alls plugins which nrpe should use to the
> host which you like to monitor.
> 3. Start the daemon on that host (For debugging purposes use nrpe -d -c
> /path/to/nrpe.cfg) enable debugging in nrpe.cfg and watch your logs.
> 4. Test if the daemon works from your server
>
> If you see output like:
>
> ./check_nrpe -H xxx.xxx.xxx .xxx
> NRPE v2.0
>
> Nrpe works as expected. If not, try the README which is a really
> good starting point...

addendum...

If it doesnt work, try to build the binary on your monitoring host.
You have to install the openssl package on each system. A other
possibility ist to not create a dynamical executable. This binary
can be used on each of your linux boxes.

Regards
Frank
--
In the beginning was the word and the word was content-type:
text/plain