status file and event handler update order

Sean McKell mckell at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 28 19:41:44 CEST 2006

I want to get the status of the host AFTER the change to the new state -
I'm not so sure that the macros will give the new status vs the old status.
Will the macros give the new status before the event handler is called?

_____________________
Sean McKell
IBM - Managed Security Services Delivery
Office: 303-924-5839, tl 263-5-5839; Boulder, CO
mckell at us.ibm.com
"Be noble! and the nobleness that lies in other men, sleeping but never
dead, will rise in majesty to meet thine own." - James Russell Lowell
_____________________

             Ethan Galstad
             <nagios at nagios.or
             g>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  nagios-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
             nagios-devel-boun                                          cc
             ces at lists.sourcef
             orge.net                                              Subject
                                       Re: [Nagios-devel] status file and
                                       event handler update order
             2006-06-26 23:08

http://www.nagios-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=425&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

> <
http://www.nagios-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=425&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

> As the one of the last posts shows, I figured out a solution for what I
> wanted, shown in the patch code there. Now, I would like to get it
> incorporated into the main Nagios codebase, if it that is ok with the
> powers that be.
> How would this be done?

Its probably better to use the appropriate macros if you want to get the
status info for a particular host or service.  What type of status info
were you looking to get?

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---