some feature requests

Volker Maibaum volker.maibaum at eberspaecher.com
Wed Jun 28 12:13:04 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have some feature requests for nagios:

- set contactgroups on host basis for services. So that if no contact is
set for a service check the host contact group is used. That would make
configuration a lot easier.

- It would be nice if it would be possible to categorise the criticality
of services and hosts. E.g. critical / uncritical / unimportant. So that
the operating could easily decide if they have to call somebody during
midnight or if the problem can wait till the next morning.
I know this could also be done by host and servicegroups, but it would
be nicer to have this as a parameter. Depending on the category the
host/service could be highlighted with different colours in the
web-frontend.

define host {
        host_name               HOST1
        address                 ....
        use                     generic-host
	criticality		high
	contact_groups		MR_X
        }

define host {
        host_name               HOST2
        address                 ....
        use                     generic-host
	criticality		low
	contact_groups		MRS_Y
        }

define service {
	service_description MY_SERVICE
	host_name	HOST1, HOST2
	# inherit criticality and contact_group from host
}

regards,

Volker