Bug report: nagios shutdown removing lock filetoo early

Husch Andreas Andreas.Husch at bitburger.de
Wed Jun 21 09:38:24 CEST 2006

Hi List,

> We've got our own startup script and we've change the stop routine
> to wait until nagios has actually stopped before moving out of
> the stop function.
> Much more stable, but there's a long delay if Nagios is in the
> middle of a host check.

i guess 70% of the Nagios Admins around patched their init script
like this ;-)
At  www.nagios-portal.de we have about one noob a week who complains
about obscure things like disappering services, wich are all caused
by multiple Nagios instances running at the same time.

So fixing this bug would be REALLY great :-)

Regards
Andreas Husch
www.nagvis.org