Logging of username with external commands

Dirk De Coninck Dirk.DeConinck at tst-us.com
Tue Jun 20 17:35:41 CEST 2006

Hi all,

What do I need to do to have the username added to the nagios logfile
for every external command?
My problem is that the Windows system admins (they all have their own
account) disable notifications and/or service checks without adding a
comment and on top of that they forget to enable thing afterwards.
The logfile only shows the time/date and the external command, but no
clue as to who did it.

Also, is it possible to add the username to the notification that is
sent whenever somebody acknowledges an event?

Last, something like a "reset flapping state" would be really helpful. I
used to stop the nagios process and edit the status.dat file to change
"is_flapping=1" to 0 (bad practice however), but I found a workaround by
disabling the flap detection and enabling it again using the web
interface for the specific service or host.

Kind regards,
Dirk.