success compiling NSCA on AIX 5.3 with gcc

Vonnahme, Nathan nathan.vonnahme at bannerhealth.com
Fri Jul 7 02:12:16 CEST 2006

update/correction: with the help of a friendly coworker who has more C
experience, I got it to compile with mcrypt on AIX by hacking more
#include statements into the source:

diff -bw nsca-2.6-aix/include/netutils.h nsca-2.6/include/netutils.h
33d32
< #include <netinet/in.h>

diff -bw nsca-2.6-aix/src/netutils.c nsca-2.6/src/netutils.c
34,36c34
< #include <sys/socket.h>
< #include <netdb.h>
< #include <errno.h>
---

diff -bw nsca-2.6-aix/src/utils.c nsca-2.6/src/utils.c
34c34
< #include <sys/syslog.h>
---

I also had to manually fix the @nsca_port@ token for DEFAULT_SERVER_PORT
in config.h

I notice now that those include statements in config.h are inside ifdef
statements, so I suppose somehow the configure script could be fixed to
properly define them...?

Anyway, I hope I'm being helpful here.  I don't have the skills to fix
the configure script.

-n