PATCH: configure is broken ....

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Fri Jan 20 18:32:16 CET 2006

On 20 Jan 2006 at 0:43, Percy Jahn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> while building a new rpm of the actual CVS-Version, i've detected, that some
> USE definitions in cgiutils.h where actually not set by configure.
> I've traced down the problem to a new version of autoconf being used to
>  create the configure script.
> The problem was, that there are no comments allowed after the #undef
> definition, which was obviously not honored by the old configure script.
> I've patched the cgiutils.h, but now compiling fails of some missing #ifdefs,
> so ive fixed all the missing #ifdef 's.
> Please apply the patch to fix those problems ...

Thanks!  Patch will be in CVS shortly.

> Best regards
> Percy Jahn
>
> BTW: There is still the problem with Hostchecks that can't be parallized. If
> many Host go down, nagios gets stucked in Hostchecking. Especially if many
> passive checks are used, Nagios won't process commands written into the
> command pipe. Is there some work on the way for version 3?

Host problems are considered to be larger-scale issues, so the
execution and processing of service checks is postponed until the
host route verification logic is completed.  This feature/bug
(however you view it) won't be going away, although some enhancements
may be made to the route verification logic to parallelize host
checks during outages.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---