Please consider updating config.sub and config.guess

Marc Haber mh+nagios-devel at zugschlus.de
Thu Jan 19 21:55:17 CET 2006

[my apologies if this message shows up multiple times, I goofed badly
twice and got myself probably rejected]

Hi,

the Debian packages of nagios 2 will contain updated the config.sub
and config.guess (aka GNU config) files. The ones that are included
with the latest nagios 2 release candidate are too old, and cause
build failures in many architetures.

Unfortunately, by design, these two files must be kept up-to-date. In
Debian we have a maintainer and a package tracking the GNU config CVS,
as well as some automated scripts to update packages from master
copies; However, since most people are not aware of the problem with
old GNU config files, I thought I should notify you of the issue, just
in case.

Up-to-date GNU config files are available through anonymous CVS ssh
access.
Instructions on how to use such a beast are available at:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=config

Please consider updating these files in the nagios 2 distribution
before the release.

Greetings
Marc