Event Broker help..

Macha, Frank frank.macha at atosorigin.com
Thu Jan 19 00:24:16 CET 2006

Hello again...

I need some guidance on using the global (from the module perspective at
least) variables.  In short, I'm defining these  in the module

static SQLHENV *Senv;
static SQLHDBC *Sdbc;
static SQLHSTMT *Sstmt0;
static SQLHSTMT *Sstmt1;

Now, I'm able to use these when nebmodule_init directly calls my DBinit
and DBtest functions as listed below... (the DBtest issues sql
insert/updates on a dummy table)...

int nebmodule_init( ... ) {
.
.

        read_params(dbentry);
        /* Open DB connection and allocate handles*/
        DBinit(dbentry);
        snprintf(temp_buffer,sizeof(temp_buffer)-1,"nagios-EFM: Created
DB conne
ction");
        temp_buffer[sizeof(temp_buffer)-1]='\x0';
        write_to_all_logs(temp_buffer,NSLOG_INFO_MESSAGE);

        DBtest();
.
.
.

But, when I try to use the global variables inside functions registered
via neb_register_callback, they seem to get lost...  for example, I
first register my function:
neb_register_callback(NEBCALLBACK_TIMED_EVENT_DATA,nagiosdb_module_handl
e,0,loadConfig);

and the loadConfig function attempts to use the same global variables
(SstmtX) which worked when DBinit/DBtest were called..

.
.
    ret=SQLPrepare(*Sstmt0, initHost, SQL_NTS);
.
.
 And this fails miserably.

.  Has anyone been able to share a global variables, that  once
defined/acted on by nebmodule_init, it is accessible by all registered
functions/callbacks? Is this possible anymore? My reference has been the
nagios-db code, but that seems quite outdated for the current
2.0rc2.....

TIA,

Eloy F. 'Frank'  Macha
ERP Technology Services