MySQL Mapping - NDO

Marlo Bell BellMR at ldschurch.org
Wed Feb 22 18:09:56 CET 2006

Here is a Visio I did of the ndo 1.2 database. There are certainly typos and who
know if I reverse engineered if properly. The blue objects table is blue because
it appears in multiple places (for readability), the instance_id column is green
because it is a foreign key to the ndo_instances table (again for readability).

You may have it or throw it away.

Marlo

>>> "Mike Koponick" <mkoponick at redhawk.info> 02/21/06 12:28 pm >>>
Hello,

I'm in the process of (trying?) to map out the NDO to MySQL data. I have
noted that the IP address is missing from the ndo_hosts table, which was
pointed out on the list. From what I can tell at this point in my
research, this is one of the few columns that are missing.

What should this column be named? If added, will Nagios also add the IP
address information directly; much like it has with all other data.

The problem I'm seeing is that if I create a separate table, very few
data items connect because the way the object_id's are defined, etc.
This, btw is a good thing from my perspective, but is making development
hard for a web interface.

A mapping of the NDO/Nagios/MySQL database would be nice, even if it
were incomplete. I would look in the code myself, but my coding skills
are not in "C" and would confuse anyone to drink heavily.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Mike