PHP interfaces for Nagios

Eldad Zack eldad at stoneshaft.ath.cx
Mon Feb 20 22:22:25 CET 2006

On Monday 20 February 2006 11:58, Andreas Kasenides wrote:
> Dear ALL,
> with the coming of the NDOutils package, which in its 1.3 version seems
> to be
> functioning adequately for now, there seems to be a strong interest in
> developing
> alternative UI system for Nagios. There are currently several
> individuals that expressed
> interest to develop (or are developing) such interfaces, mostly in PHP.
> It is my opinion
> that it is to the best interest of all Nagios users (and Nagios) that
> such efforts are put under
> the same umbrella (not necessarily that of the Nagios core system).
>
> Anyone interested in such a collaboration? Note that I am NOT assuming
> any leading
> role in this, quite possibly I am not even suitable for it!! Just
> thought it would be nice for
> Nagios to become even more open. Anyways, I could help as much I can if
> interest exists.
> My .02c on the table!!

I wrote a PHP interface for the 1.x release and though it was incomplete, it
very well suited the organization I was in at the time.

I would be very interested to take part in the new UI, I'm just waiting for
something concrete to form before I begin, as I don't have the resources to
build an entire system from scratch this time.

Whoever picks the glove, can freely drop me a line, I'd be more than happy to
help.