ndoutils help.

Andreas Kasenides ank at cs.ucy.ac.cy
Tue Feb 14 10:58:05 CET 2006

Alessandro Ren wrote:

>     Hello,
>
> i've been trying to use ndoutils and I can no get nagios to dump
> anything. The broker gets loaded and logs in nagios.log that has been
> loaded, and either dumping in file or to a unix socket, I dont get
> anything.
>     I've made some changes on the code to dump all logs to mysql by
> myself already, but I'd like to use ndoutils, as they dump more
> information and it'd be more complience for futures upgrades.
>     I am using nagios-2.0 stable release and tried ndoutis-1.2 and
> ndoutils-1.3, the broker_module entry is in the nagios.cfg, it creates
> de file ndo.dat and writes the start informantion but does't dump
> anything.
>
>     Thanks.
>
> --
> *Alessandro Ren*
> 	/*OpServices*/
> /*Luciana de Abreu, 471 - Sala 403*/
> /*Porto Alegre, RS - CEP 90570-060*/
>
> *(*   phone 55(51)3061-3588
> *4*    fax 55(51)3061-3588
> 	*Q*   mobile 55(51)8151-8212
> *:*   email alessandro.ren at opservices.com.br
> <mailto:%22alessandro.ren at opservices.com.br%22>

Alessandro,
I think you are experiencing the same problem as I reported (see a few
messages back) yesterday.
I get similar results with you. When I enable debug mode in ndo2db I
clearly see a Segmentation
Fault coming from ndo2db after ti receives the start of operations from
the broker module.
I havent been able to track it down though. This is with v 1.2. Are you
using Fedora Core 4?
Anyone can help will be appreciated. Thanx.
Andreas

Andreas Kasenides
Tel: +357 - 22892714
e-mail: Andreas.Kasenides%at%cs.ucy.ac.cy
<mailto:Andreas.Kasenides%20at%20cs.ucy.ac.cy>
(replace the %at% above with @)