setting check_external_commands et al in cfg_file files

Michael Alger nagios at mm.quex.org
Sun Feb 12 11:01:02 CET 2006

sean finney wrote:
> hi ethan et al,
>
> is there any reason certain nagios.cfg configuration directives
> are not able to be set in configuration files other than nagios.cfg?

The cfg_file and cfg_dir options set the "object configuration files",
which is entirely different to the Nagios configuration file. I thought
there was an "include_file" or similar directive, but I can't find it in
documentation so probably there isn't. The closest is perhaps the
resource_file, but that won't be parsed by the CGI and therefore
probably isn't suitable.