Missing Column in NDO Database?

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Tue Feb 7 22:22:23 CET 2006

On 6 Feb 2006 at 20:55, Bob Ingraham wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We've been checking out the schema of the MySQL database that comes
> with NDOUTIL.
>
> After going over it, it looks like the hosts table is missing a
> column to identify the IP address.
>
> Is this intentional?
>
> I understand that most of the tables in the database won't be used
> until Nagios 3.0 development get going.
>
> Is there any further documentation on the design decisions beyond the
> current table layout?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Thanks for the note.  I don't know how I missed the address field.  A
1.3 release will be made shortly to fix this error.

There really is no documentation regarding the db tables yet.  I'm
trying to balance a couple of different TODO's at the moment, but I
hope to get an ERD or data dictionary completed soon.

BTW, can anyone recommend a good ERD tool for documenting a database?
 I can't stand the way Visio does this, so I'm looking for
alternatives.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---