Test Please: Buffer Slots Variable CVS Code

Hendrik Bäcker andurin at process-zero.de
Fri Dec 22 22:41:30 CET 2006

Joerg Linge schrieb:
> Am Freitag, 22. Dezember 2006 19:47 schrieb Thomas Guyot-Sionnest:
>
>> I think your monitoring server if completely overloaded (or am I looking at
>> the wrong stats?).
>>

> Yes Hendriks Server is overloaded ;-) ( Sorry Hendrik )
>
> Hendrik runs 5 Nagios instances parallel on one Server.
>
> Over 6000 active Service.
>
> Jörg

This is right.

5 different, own compiled nagios binaries on one server. All together
nearly 6000 Services, perhaps 5 of them are passive.

Check Latencies under 30 seconds are good enough for me. So I would be
very glad when the Nagios 3 will get beta state ;)

I think, that the mrtg process running on the same server with a few
self-made perl extensions will do his best to increase the load, so I am
not really wondering on nagios latencies (but latencies above 200
seconds are sure a little pain in my ass).

Hendrik