patch for ndoutils, missing -fPIC for io.c/utils.c

Ordway, Ryan Ryan.Ordway at oregonstate.edu
Thu Dec 21 01:46:49 CET 2006

Ndoutils 1.3.1 does not want to build properly on Linux/x86_64, at least not on my Sun x4200 AMD64 based system. It looks like io.c and utils.c are not being compiled with -fPIC despite being linked into the ndomod-?x.o module. Looks like the linkage uses -fPIC, but not the compilation of those two source files.

I've attached a patch that basically just adds $(MOD_CFLAGS) for those two files. This solves the problem for me since MOD_CFLAGS contains -fPIC, at least for linux*. Some tweaks to configure.in may be needed to fix other platforms, if this is a problem for other 64-bit platforms.

Ryan

--
Ryan Ordway               Unix Systems Administrator
OSU Libraries             E-mail: ryan.ordway at oregonstate.edu
121 The Valley Library
Corvallis, OR 97331       Office: VLIB #4657