Problem extending the "Status Information" size.

ncolin at technodiva.com ncolin at technodiva.com
Wed Dec 13 17:05:25 CET 2006

Hi,

I need to enter informations in "passive check" services via the FIFO
(command file).

The problem is : The size of the buffer used to store Status Informations is
too small (332 bytes). The datas are truncated.

I found the #define value ( include/objects.h : MAX_PLUGINOUTPUT_LENGTH )
and extend it to 10240 but the datas are still truncated ( around 1024 bytes
).

I found another #define for the size of a buffer used to store the complete
input string ( include/common.h : MAX_INPUT_BUFFER ) which is set to 1024.
But extending its value does not seem enough : Now, I can not update the
passive check services.

So, does someone know how to increase the "Status Information" size ? Which
define do I need to change ? Which part of the code do I need to change ?

Thanks.

--
Nicolas COLIN.