Have I found a bug?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Dec 13 09:53:02 CET 2006

matthias.flittner at nethinks.com wrote:
> Every time I reload nagios, it put a vertical line into the trend graphic.
> I think that is bad. The line should only put into the graph if nagios is
> restartet...

It happens that way because nagios logs the current state of things when
it's restarted or reloaded or when the logfile is rotated. This is to
make sure that nagios doesn't have to backtrack into older archives to
find out what state the host / service was in at the starting time of
the period the user requested the report for.

> Please fix it.

It's easy to do, but as I don't have a problem with it myself (I rather
like the current behaviour) you'd better send a patch if you want it
fixed. To get you started, the proper way to go about doing it is in the
log parsing routines where you need to add a check to make it not insert
a new state into the timing calculation structs if the new state is the
same as the old.

Have fun hacking, but please don't expect anyone else to do so for you
until you start paying them.

Cheers

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se