A couple of new feature requests

Sébastien Barbereau barbereau at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 11:07:28 CEST 2006

As mentionned the logout functionnality is not Nagios related but browser or
web-server related.
It's possible to change the behaviour of the apache authentication mechanism
to provide a sort of logout functionnality. To do this you'll need to use
mod_perl or mod_python (or some other kind of apache module) to handle the
authentication/authorization mechanism.
Some information about this can be found here:
http://raburton.lunarpages.com/apache/mod_auth_cookie/
http://search.cpan.org/~mschout/Apache-AuthCookie-3.10/lib/Apache/AuthCookie.pm
http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/tut-more-complicated.html

A running example can be found here:
http://runnagios.be (login: demo password: Nagios2)
and some implementation information:
http://www.barbich.net/websvn/wsvn/docs/nagios/doc/mod_apache_authentication/?rev=0&sc=0

Using this king of authentication systems has multiple advantages: multiple
authentication bases, session timeout, date/time restrictions ... but this
can get a bit complicated to setup.

Seb.