ERROR: column "oid" does not exist

Werner Otto werner.otto at thecloud.net
Mon Aug 14 10:32:36 CEST 2006

Hi Chaps,

I installed Nagios version 1.4.1 from source on Friday, going through
the options on the web interface I found the following BUG.

System

*	Redhat Enterprise Version 4 patch level 3
*	Kernel version 2.6.9-34.ELsmp x86_64

Packages

*	nagios-1.4.1.tgz
*	nagios-plugins-1.4.3.tar.gz
*	postgresql-8.1.4.tar.bz2

Steps Performed:

1.	Click on "Downtime" on the left hand menu option
2.	Click on "Schedule service downtime"
3.	Fill in the form including the Host Name, Service and Comments
and leaving the other fields  to their default values
4.	Click "Commit"

Results

*	The web interface hangs and nothing happens
*	Postgreslq log file

	*	ERROR:  column "oid" does not exist
	*	LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
	*	LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
	*	LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection

*	Which causes the main Nagios process to die, with out logging it

	*	[1155317962] Nagios 1.4.1 starting... (PID=3346)
	*	[1155317962] Finished daemonizing... (New PID=3347)

Other Questions

1.	What is the procedure in logging a bug?

	a.	What are the timelines associated in getting a fix to a
bug? (Sorry not that familiar with handling bugs in open source products
;-) ).

2.	What are the main differences between the 1.x branch and the 2.x
branch

	a.	Why did branch 2.x take on a difference design?
	b.	What is wrong with 1.x branch?

Kind Regards,

Werner Otto