ocsp slows nagios a great deal

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Sun Aug 13 22:12:08 CEST 2006

FWIW I'm able to perform at least 1300 checks / 5 min on a distributed
server reporting to two central hosts each accepting ~3500 results via
nsca every 5 minutes (from multiple distributed nagios installations).
Each distributed server sends the results to the two central machines
via nsca resulting in ~2600 submissions every 5 minutes.

This is under RHAS3 with really no special tuning done and using the
documented OCSP procedure for distributed checks. Have you done any
testing to determine where the time penalty is originating?

--
Marc