AW: Nagios-devel digest, Vol 1 #1058 - 2 msgs

Vegard Hanssen Vegard.Hanssen at xait.no
Fri Apr 21 13:09:10 CEST 2006

Gerhard Lausser wrote:

>>>giving me 5-10 sms for the timeout, and then (2 minutes later) the
>>>same sms for OK. The host isn't down, it's just in a very
>>>

>i assume you have some script which does the sms notification.
>why don't you add a filter, which ignores nrpe-timeout-related messages?
>
>Gerhard

Because I use nagios to figure out when a message should be sent, and I
don't want to do nagios work. That's just the wrong way to do it. And I
want the nrp-timeout messages, if I didn't want them I just stop them in
the service check in nagios. The problem is figure out which messages I
really want.

--
Mvh / Kind regards

Vegard Hanssen
Xait A/S

vegard.hanssen at xait.no

For general enquiries please call Xait support at: +47 51 95 02 13

CONFIDENTIALITY. This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the
contents to another person, use it for any purpose, or store
or copy the information in any medium.