nrpe-2.5.1 (nrpe-2.4+) and SSL errors

Gerhard Lausser Gerhard.Lausser at consol.de
Mon Apr 10 16:24:11 CEST 2006

Hi Ethan,

i saw that since nrpe-2.4 the call to read_config_file was moved at two
places coming after the ssl initialization code. You remember my patch
introducing the allow_weak_random_seed option? I just compiled nrpe-2.5.1 on
a hp-ux 11.00 server which, according to it's patchlevel has no /dev/*random
and therefore needs this option to successfully complete the ssl handshake.
The problem is, at the time of the ssl initialization,
allow_weak_random_seed is still 0, because the config file has not been read
in yet. Is there a reason, why the config file is opened now later? Of not,
i beg you to apply my patch, which moves config file reading back to the
beginning.

Greetings from Munich,
Gerhard