Anyone know of a means to centralize .cfg files for many distributed servers

Nicholas Whiting nicholas.whiting at guest-tek.com
Mon Apr 3 22:55:46 CEST 2006

Hi Everyone,

I would like to overide the default manner in which Nagios
populates the event loop, objects, etc from the .cfg files on
startup. Rather than read from local .cfg files, the Nagios daemon
would poll a centralized server which would return an xml encoded
map of the necessary elements that would normally be contained
in the .cfg files. This xml would be consulted in the future if
the central server was inaccessible.

The reason I favor this approach is that I manage 3000 servers and
would like to a have central database store the nagios configs
for every distributed nagios client without having to extract the
related subset of configs and deliver them to the respective nagios
instance.

Finally, my question!! Is this possible to achieve through a NEB module?
I would rather write this as a discrete module then have to monkey with
nagios source.

Nicholas Whiting
Network Management Administrator
nicholas.whiting at guest-tek.com