nagios silently stops

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Mon Apr 3 12:04:15 CEST 2006

On 31 Mar 2006, at 17:03, Alessandro Ren wrote:

> here when we ACK anything the deamon dies. Sometimes it just stops
> checking, when I get it like this i will do a strace and send the
> logs.

Daemon dies? That sounds like a different problem. I've just
acknowledged a service and the daemon on my installation (Nagios 2.1)
has not died, so I don't think this is a general problem.

If every ACK is causing the daemon to die, could you find a suitable
time to test this:
   - make sure nagios.cfg has log_external_commands=1
   - run an strace on the main nagios process
   - acknowledge a problem
   - send in the latest nagios log + strace output + full ps output +
nagios.cfg

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243