Difference between status.dat and retention.dat

Thomas.Zimmer at oppenheim.de Thomas.Zimmer at oppenheim.de
Mon Oct 31 14:18:06 CET 2005

Hi developers!

I´m using Nagios2b and I was wondering, why there are two files - status.dat
and retention.dat - which store nearly the same data? As far as I can see,
there is not much more information on hosts and services in "retention.dat".

Does dumping of the additional data  in retention.dat need so much
time/performance? Could you explain?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Thomas.

Thomas Zimmer
Produktservice & Betrieb
Betrieb & Support
Sal. Oppenheim jr. & Cie., Frankfurt a. Main
Internet: http://www.oppenheim.de <http://www.oppenheim.de>
E-Mail: thomas.zimmer at oppenheim.de

 <<Zimmer, Thomas (Produktservices und Betrieb).vcf>>