first_notification_delay for hosts

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Nov 24 15:25:11 CET 2005

This patch adds a variable to the host object configuration,
first_notification_delay, which causes notifications for a host to be
put off until a minimum amount of time has passed.

This is intended to artificially mimic the service notification logic
that allows some time to pass between a detected error and the first
notification by forcing at least some "sleep-time" between the HARD
detection of a downed host and the first notification sent for it.

Because of how notifications are scheduled, this means that no host
notifications are sent unless the host has been checked first the
max_check_attempts times (run serially), waited until a service (or the
host) has been checked again and then, if the host is still down, the
notification is sent provided (first_notification_delay *
interval_length) seconds has passed.

I did the documentation update. All credits for the code should go to
Mathias Sundman, a Sungard employee and also a customer of ours who sent
the patch to me for review. I'm forwarding it to the list with his
explicit consent. I've tested it and found it to be in good working order.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se