Host and service grouping in 2.04b

Ben O'Hara bohara at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 17:10:59 CET 2005

Hi,

I recently upgraded to 2.04b and ive noticed a possible bug.

I have 2 hosts defined under a hostgroup.

Hostgroup is "Public Checks"

And the 2 hosts are

live-sites
as-live-sites

The "live-sites" hosts has 6 services defined under it, and the
"as-live-sites" has 1 service defined.

However, when viewing nagios via the web interface "as-live-sites"
shows 7 services and "live-sites" shows 6.

It appears that the hostname is being matched so that "as-live-sites"
has its 1 service but also the 6 services defined under "live-sites"
aswell.

Im sure this didnt occour in 1.2, is this a feature or a  bug?

I can get around it by renaming "live-sites" to something different
that wouldnt overlap "as-live-sites"

Hope that actually makes sense!

Ben
--
"There are 10 types of IT people. Those who understand binary and
those who don't."