Issues with the serviceextifo icon usage - not working

Albert Whale aewhale at ABS-CompTech.com
Thu Nov 3 15:12:19 CET 2005

I have the following definition on Nagios-2.0b3 in serviceextinfo.cfg.

     define serviceextinfo {
       service_description  Cisco_Memory
       hostgroup       CiscoEquipment
       notes_url
/nagiosgraph/show.cgi?host=$HOSTNAME$&service=$SERVICEDESC$
       icon_image      graph.gif
       icon_image_alt  View graphs
     }

What I planned on happening was that the graph.gif icon would launch the
notes_url.  This does not happen.  In my investigation on the issue, I
encountered the following as a potential reference to resolving the problem:

      Email Archive: nagios-users
      <https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=1873>
      (read-only) Search
      <https://sourceforge.net/search/index.php?type_of_search=mlists&group_id=26589&forum_id=1873>

From: James S. White <james at ja...>
Re: Nagios 2.0b1 serviceextinfo notes_url ignored
2005-03-18 10:19

 This problem exists in 2.0b2 as well: This patch for cgi/status.c should
 correct it. You can probably remove the /*FOOBAR*/ comment.

 I am making the assumption that the serviceextifo icon should actually take you there
instead of to the service description. If I"m wrong then disregard this email.

 1664a1665,1666

 > /*FOOBAR*/
 1666,1667c1668
 <                                       printf("<A
HREF="%s?type=%d&host=%s",EXTINFO_CGI,DISPLAY_SERVICE_INFO,url_encode(temp_service->host_name));
 <
printf("&service=%s">",url_encode(temp_service->description));
 ---
 >                                       printf("<A
HREF="%s">",temp_serviceextinfo->notes_url);
 1669a1671,1673

As this was reported in Nagios-2.0b1 and is still in Nagios-2.0b3 (and I
have not seen an update in the Changes Log for nagios-2.0b4), I was
hoping to hear that this would make it into the CVS as a resolution to
the problem, since it is still occurring 6+ months later (still better
than some software companies though).

Best Regards,

--
Albert E. Whale, CHS CISA CISSP
Sr. Security, Network, Risk Assessment and Systems Consultant