Timeline for NEB API documentation

Thibault GENESSAY thibault.genessay at srmi.fr
Thu May 26 11:11:38 CEST 2005

Hi all
The NEB concept is very interesting and it seems that very neat things
could be done with it but there is no documentation at all.  I am
currently working with nagios-db and although it is quite good, it is
not the approach that fits my needs for storing data in a DB, so I'd
like to write my own NEB that fetches only the data I want, and the way
I want.
I also know that the 3rd release of nagios will be focused on the
engine, and not the CGI nor the data storage, so the NEB API is likely
to be slightly modified, so it can explain why nobody wants to write
docs that will be deprecated soon.

So my actual questions are:
- is a NEB api doc going to be released for Nagios 2 ?
- if not, is a guru wanting to write a small paper (even 10 lines are
better than nothing :) and post it instead of the "coming soon" link on
the web site ?
- should I [kludge nagios-db/write a crappy neb] and forget about the
rest ?

Thanks in advance
Thibault