linking issues

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Sun May 22 20:25:44 CEST 2005

What's the reason for linking in libmath and libnsl?

Insofar as I know no functions in either nagios or any of the cgi's use
any advanced math and should work well without it.

libnsl is another library out of place. Perhaps it's needed by Sun and
friends. On Linux (Fedora 3, Openwall current, Debian sarge) Nagios
builds nicely without them, although I know Sun (and some others) have
huge problems understanding any C-code at all without it. Perhaps -lnsl
should be linked explicitly on those and dropped for other platforms?

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer