Host Discovery Script

Rick Glover rickglover at paulhastings.com
Wed May 18 16:34:36 CEST 2005

Greetings.  I have completed a majority of my work on a Perl script that has a
purpose of performing a discovery on a host to develop a set of service
definitions.  It parses your cfg files to put together a set of all your
configured check commands to run against the host that you specify.  I'm down
to the part where I need to get the return code value from the check command
when it executes.  I want to be able to give the check command its time to run
and grab the result.  If the result is OK then add this service check to the
output cfg file.  I've read through the Perl documentation and couldn't find a
good bit of sample code to help with this (or didn't really understand what I
was reading).  Can anyone help with this?

Thank you,
Rick Glover