Hosts and Services

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Fri Jun 17 23:36:52 CEST 2005

The model for hosts and services exist separately such that if one of a
number of services fails on a host, the host check command is used to
verify if the host is up/down before checking all the other services.

Similarly if a host is down, parent hosts are checked to see if the path
to host is down or just the target host. This is also done using the host
check_command.

So while it might look redundant from a data model perespective - it
actually is quite useful.

-sg