Patch submission for comments : CGI speed improvement (XNG)

Fran=?utf-8?B?w6c=?=ois Laupretre francois.laupretre-prestataire at calyon.com
Fri Jun 10 13:10:14 CEST 2005

> I think you're wrong about the memory leaks (although I
> whole-heartedly
> agree about the malloc()'s). Nagios has struggled recently
> with severe
> memory leaks and some valgrind sessions has narrowed it down to
> virtually nothing. Perhaps you aren't running recent CVS code?

Sure, but I just wrote that because somebody asked a question about
templates and to know what happens if you submit more than one "use" line in
an object definition. In this case, and like for every string directive, the
strdup creates a memory leak because the previous value is not tested to be
null. It is a special case because it is an incorrect syntax but either it
is refused and stops in error (what I would prefer), or it is accepted, the
previous value is silently discarded, and we should free the previous memory
block.