cfg_dir recursion not working

Dr. Dave Blunt dblunt at itgroundwork.com
Thu Jul 14 18:52:34 CEST 2005

Unfortunately that's not what the 2.0 documentation says...  From
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/configmain.html#cfg_dir I quote:

"This directive is used to specify a directory which contains object
configuration files that Nagios should use for monitoring. All files in the
directory with a .cfg extension are processed as object config files.
Additionally, Nagios will recursively process all config files in
subdirectories of the directory you specify here. You can seperate your
configuration files into different directories and specify multiple cfg_dir=
statements to have all config files in each directory processed."

Note the reference 'recursively process all config files in SUBDIRECTORIES
of the directory you specify here'.

If that's a mistake then maybe the docs need to be updated but from a look
at the code, it seems like it *should* recurse directories until it exhausts
it's search for config files or runs out of resources to do so.