Ready Only User Suggestion

Chris Woollard cwoollard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 18:35:19 CEST 2005

I don't think the concept of a ready only user exists at the moment in
Nagios, and i think it would be particularly useful.

The reason I ask is because I would like to provide a few of my end
users with a username and password to login to Nagios. Preferably in a
read only state, that doesn't allow anything to be changed or even to
hide the menu options to change any options.

At the moment I have created users that only display specific host /
service data but that user can change options eg. config downtime,
disable notifications etc.

If this does already exisit. How do I do it?

thanks
Chris