cfg_dir recursion not working

Dr. Dave Blunt dblunt at itgroundwork.com
Wed Jul 13 23:04:11 CEST 2005

I have an install with a number of Nagios configs files stored under
subdirectories:

/usr/local/nagios/etc/rps/<dir1>/acfgfile
/usr/local/nagios/etc/rps/<dir2>/anothercfgfile
/usr/local/nagios/etc/rps/<dir3>/yetanothercfgfile
.
.
.

There are no valid cfg files in /usr/local/nagios/etc/rps.  All services and
hosts are defined in the cfg files under <dir1>, <dir2>, <dir3> etc.

When I define:

  cfg_dir=/usr/local/nagios/etc/rps

in nagios.cfg the preflight check comes back with errors saying it can't
find any hosts or services.

Using cfg_dir directives for directories that contain just cfg files works
fine.  I looked at both the nagios 2.0b3 and nagios-cvs trees but couldn't
see any changes relating to this in xodtemplate.c - specifically the
xodtemplate_process_config_dir routine.

Dave.

Dr. Dave Blunt
Regional Operations Manager